Sunday, March 19, 2006

WESTERN CIVILIZATION STILL SAFE

Forget what I said in previous post. We are once again getting one or two credit applications (mostly "pre-approved") every postal business day. Think about that--roughly 450 of these things a year. No doubt there are people out there getting lots more. What would happen, I wonder, if everybody stamped them "Refused--return to sender" and sent them back? Could we bankrupt anybody that way?

Other personal musings--my new Palm Pilot is finally up and running with most of the stuff I need on it. I would have kept the old one, but its software wouldn't run on our new computer, so I had no choice but to get rid of it. Controlled obsolescence strikes again. Also we are throwing out huge quantities of VHS tapes to make room for our DVDs. All of this is part of a grand project to get the house cleaned up before Passover. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home